Sunday, July 13, 2014

Rykers New Big Boy Room



Ryker figured out how to climb out of his crib. So a new room it was.. and a new big boy bed!

 I loved the Lydia daybed plan from Ana White. My brother had an old pine bed that was very similar to this when he was little and it just seemed perfect.. I liked that it had some sides to it, I just felt it was a little girly. So I changed a few things. I left off the side molding and simplified the side cut out panels. I also opted for a stain rather than paint.

Im currently still waiting for a very large antique map to come in. It will be hung centered above the bed. 



For my stain I applied Olympic maximum cedar Naturaltone.. It an deck stain I believe.. but it was the only stain that gave me a very golden orangey yellow.. I mean its orange lol.. but I wanted that warm undertone. I then used my favorite wax of all time. Briwax tudor brown I buy mine from a local antique store. This helped reduce the orange a little and give it a more aged look. 

Here are a few more pictures of his room so far. I still need to build him a dresser, hang the map and add some more decor, but I love how it is turing out.. and sorry for the terrible pictures we were finishing up late.. Its so much cuter in person.. the nave is a much darker saturated navy.. 






So far so Good! Ryker hasn't come out of his room yet after laying him down :) hopefully it will be  a smooth transition. 

Let me know what you think! 



Linked up:

DIYShowOff
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS